The application process for a Career Scholarship involves multiple steps.
- Register in MWE (mwejobs.maryland.gov/) and create a resume.
- Speak to a Career Counselor to learn more and complete initial application (Walk-ins welcome Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-3:00 pm).
- Basic skills testing (CASAS) and additional workshops may be required.
- Meet again with your Career Counselor to determine eligibility and develop an employment plan.
- After successfully completing your training or workshop your Career Counselor will stay in contact with you for one year following completion.
Determination of eligibility and development of your employment plan is done by appointment only and should be completed at least 2 weeks prior to the start of training.
You may begin collecting documentation that will be needed:
Males 18 years of age and over must be registered with Selective Service!
- Birth Certificate (Citizenship/Age)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of address (Must be a resident of Worcester, Wicomico or Somerset County)
- Driver’s License/ID
- Proof of family’s income for the past six months
- Proof of TCA/Food Stamps
- DD 214 (Veteran)
- Proof of family size (Back page of Career Scholarship Application).