WIOA Certification involves multiple steps.
MANDATORY PROCEDURES and REQUIREMENTS
The process for training funding is specific and must be followed accordingly:
- Register in MWE (mwejobs.maryland.gov/) and create a resume.
- Sign up in MWE to attend the next Workforce Services Orientation at the One-Stop Job Market. Instructions available at the One-Stop Job Market or at www.train4jobs.org
- Complete the Workforce Services packet given out during orientation.
- Return the Workforce Services packet to the One-Stop Job Market front desk.
- You will be contacted by a Career Counselor regarding your next step in the process. All individuals are required to complete a basic skills test (CASAS). Additional testing and workshops may be required.
- You will be interviewed by a Career Counselor to determine eligibility and develop an employment plan.
- After successfully completing your training or workshop your Career Counselor will stay in contact with you for one year following completion.
ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION is done by appointment only and MUST be completed at least 2 weeks prior to the start of training
All documentation below is required:
Males 18 years of age and over must be registered with Selective Service!
- Birth Certificate (Citizenship/Age)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of address (Must be a resident of Worcester, Wicomico or Somerset County)
- Driver’s License/ID
- Proof of family’s income for the past six months
- Proof of TCA/Food Stamps
- DD 214 (Veteran)
- Proof of family size (Back page of Career Scholarship Application).